Monday, August 8, 2011

A Trip to Long Beach from Seattle

This weekend, we traveled to one of my favorite spots in Washington:

Long Beach. A place I can walk for miles on the flat, hard packed sand and enjoy the salt air, sea wind, crashing waves and serenity.

The highlight of our beach walks this weekend was observing the migratory Brown Pelicans perched in large groups at the water's edge, and on the craggy rocks they overtook as their home during this leg of their journey. The sky was gray with a dense fog and mist clinging low to the ground. Although my camera was in hand, my skill level was less than stellar when it came to capturing the essence of the sights I beheld...

Ar131282407174039

Making themselves at home, the Pelicans were finding abundant meals to share...

Ar131282416318625

To be sure, I am looking into ways to capture better shots under difficult lighting situations, taking my photo skills to a higher level, which after all, is a goal!

Ar131282455707636
Your Seattle Real Estate Experts

          Seattle Washington

           Scottsdale Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment