Friday, June 3, 2011

Seattle Waterfront Experience

Walking on the waterfront in downtown Seattle makes me ponder things I might never ponder at all.

I can see the cruise ship as big as any ten story building when it docks. I know the people will disembark, cameras in hand to walkabout, or hop on the sparkly clean white buses waiting to whisk them to one of our fabulous resort hotels, or get into one of the dozens of taxis waiting to accommodate them.

Ar130653436268266

What I didn't factor into the equation, was the amount of goods loaded from our docks to feed and lavish the participants of a luxury cruise with everything they desire! The dock was loaded to capacity with pallet after pallet of fresh produce, freezer containers, and goods carefully packaged to be delivered on board by crane.

Ar130653444685685

Look at all those pallets of fresh produce, frozen and packaged goods!

Ar130653448893151

I stood beside a man with his bicycle as we both clicked photos with our smart phones. We looked at each other in amazement as the goods were loaded and crew members scurried to perform their many tasks at hand. I smiled at the man, shrugged my shoulders and said "Who Knew?"...He smiled back and exclaimed, "Now we do!"

Ar130653459102095

Your Seattle Real Estate Experts

      Seattle homes for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment